Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Lazy Woman VS Hard Worker" Proverbs 31:16-18 discussion

VS. 16-18

"She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard. She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong. She senses that her gain is good; Her lamp does not go out at night."


B.K.C. : "...She has a business mind and she works hard. (vs. 16) She works energetically and with vigor. She has a healthy attitude toward work. (vs. 17) Her wise business dealings are again referred to. The fact that her lamp does not go out speaks of her planning ahead. (vs. 18)..."


Again, there is talk about how hard of a worker she is. She goes above and beyond to make sure that she is doing the absolute best for her family. Maybe going and buying a field is not something that seems logical today, but, perhaps planting a garden and saving money on food would be something that could be taken from these verses. Not only are you saving money, you're also providing a healthier produce for yourself and your family. She's also constantly thinking of ways to better herself and her family. She is always looking and searching out the best. Never letting her mind rest.
I've heard some women say that the job of wife and mother is a 24 hour a day 7 day a week job and yes, I believe that to be true. But, the attitude that most have in saying that is one of frustration. It is usually stated in those conversations like, "You get to come home from work and rest! I don't! I do this from the time that I get up in the morning to the time that I lay my head to rest. And even then, I'm dreaming about things pertaining to my 24/7 job!" I know that I can say this is the WRONG attitude to have! We have one of the best jobs if not the BEST job anyone could ever ask for. Instead of seeking out words of affirmation and waiting for the giant pat on the back, the simple fact that the Lord has chosen us for this purpose is enough honor that I believe we could ever receive! Everything else is simply icing on the cake...

No comments:

The Way of the Master

Popular Posts