Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Narrow Road

As this year draws to an end there are many things to look back and reflect on. We began the year 2011 living in Kansas. I personally was in place where I felt very lost spiritually. My husband wasn't running from God just choosing to press the "pause" button. I was filled with anger, resentment, sadness etc. I knew God had brought us there for a reason, but I wasn't quite sure why. Six months later in June, exactly one year to the day from when He had moved us there, God moved us back to Texas. Little did I know that I would soon learn why He had taken us on such a quick journey across the country and back.

During that 12 month time span the Lord taught me in a very real way that He is all I need! I think when we get married we often times forget that. We put so much reliance on our spouses to "meet our needs" and when they inevitably turn out to be fallen humans, we get angry or frustrated. I now understand this life altering truth. My husband is a sinner and I shouldn't make my life about ONLY him and lose sight of his sin nature. Learning just that, has led me to love him more deeply and allow so much more grace to flow towards him in his times of weakness. It has helped me to take a glimpse through the eyes of our Savior when looking at him. I also realized how greatly I fail and how much more I need Him in my lowest moments of weakness. I learned to trust Him like never before and I learned more about His Sovereignty than most probably ever will. We grew as a family in ways that would take hours to tell you!



Nevertheless, all of that has led me to where I am today, sitting at my kitchen table with sick little ones wrapped up on the couch snuggled together while I share my heart with you. In 2012 I will be taking you with me down this narrow road of the Christian walk trying to live out my call of nobility for Him. For the past year I've muddled through topics making a few good points here and there in hopes of offering encouragement to a few, but I feel the Lord wants me to make this journey more real and heartfelt. I know there will be times where tears are flowing as I push each key and then there may be times of joy filled posts where I am encouraged with every single word. All of this to say, even if I never make a 100 followers or I never get more than one comment on a post and that comment is from my mom (love you mom!), I know that from here on out, I will be doing this as a ministry and allowing my walk to impact the lives of others for His Kingdom, Honor and Glory even if I never see the impact happen firsthand.

When you think about it, pray for me, that I would be able to stand firm against the discouragements that come with making a vow such as this. There will be times that I am NOT in the "mood" and times where I may feel like, "What's the point?!?" It's then that I will need that extra strength to press through and move forward. My only desire is that this whole thing would glorify Him and hopefully reach some of your hearts and turn them towards His...

 

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's Will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

The Way of the Master

Popular Posts