Friday, September 23, 2011

Where are you women of NOBILITY???

Well, this morning I said goodbye to my husband as he will be away on a business trip for the next 2 days in Chicago. I always hate when he leaves, but it is an excellent opportunity for me to exercise my full and complete faith in God that He is in control of all things.

I don't know about most of you, but, I am big on good quotes, lines in movies (good wholesome, God-centered ones!) etc. Most of you probably know about the new movie coming out in 8 days entitled 'Courageous' by the Baptist church in Georgia, Sherwood Picture. As I was watching the movie trailer, towards the end, one of the characters is standing in a church and as he looks towards the congregation he challenges them by asking the question, "Where are you men of courage?" As I heard that I began to think about the impact that asking such a simple question can make.

We live in a time when men are being degraded, discouraged and sometimes threatened away from being courageous. Everywhere we look in the culture we see woman after woman usurping a man and ultimately leaving what her calling should be, nay, is.

Over the next 8 days, I want to spend time investigating what scripture says about men of courage and what a vital role we can play in making that happen.

Can you imagine if we followed through in what our calling was so-as to enable our husbands to stand up and answer the call for the men of courage? I know how powerful my words, actions and attitude can be in pushing my husband one way or another. If we are walking in the paths of biblical nobility in-turn enabling our husbands to walk with courage, we will be a united front for the kingdom of God!

No comments:

The Way of the Master

Popular Posts