Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why?

In the book of Job, we read a story of a man that had every reason on earth to ask God, why? He was a good man. He had healthy children, a wife, wealth, good health himself. He was, as some would say, "living high on the hog". But in a matter of mere minutes it was literally blown away! Can you imagine? You get up in the morning, get dressed and head out to maybe go get a cup of coffee or milk a cow and then BAM your entire life comes crashing down before you as though it never even existed.

I've always found it easier to point others in the direction of scripture to help them to understand the "Why's?" of life. However, the biggest struggle comes in trying to remind myself. So I did some digging to see if I was "alone" in my desires. I wanted to prove to myself, "What's the point? No one else is fighting this hard, why should I have to?"

My first discovery was a book titled, "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God" by Stacy MacDonald. I actually read it in three hours! I just could not put it down. I cried, I laughed and I was encouraged to dig further. I then found, "Created to be his Help Meet" by Debi Pearl. Another one that really pin pricked my heart. I found blogs of women who were dedicating themselves to a life of woman/motherhood that was holy, acceptable and pleasing in His sight. I found daughters of these women that were desiring to follow in their mother's footsteps and seeking to live a life that was pleasing to Him. All of a sudden, I felt like I was missing out on a great community of women that were way ahead of me in this lifelong pursuit. I looked at myself and realized how greatly I was lacking in just what little I thought I had accomplished. I know, that I have such a long way to go but, I rest in the fact that I don't have to ask God why. He already knows, all I have to do is make myself willing accept, follow and surrender to wherever and whatever He may be leading me to.

Job at the end knew that he was nothing compare to who God is. He recognized the fact that the Lord is the One who gives and the Lord is the One who takes away. It is only by His grace that we can walk in this knowledge.

Today, I read a blog regarding a friend of a woman who had only been given 5 1/2 precious years with her husband and little one. Instead of complaining about the fact that she wasn't going to get to see them grow and be apart of their lives in the way she desired, she lived every moment out to ensure that her children had the best of their momma and that they knew that she loved God with all of her heart. Can you imagine the things that we miss because we busy ourselves with life or allow ourselves to become irritated and frustrated with such trivial things? God help us to remember that this life is but a vapor and its only because of You that we are given the opportunity to live it.

No comments:

The Way of the Master

Popular Posts