Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hide-n-Seek anyone?

When I saw this picture this morning, I had to laugh! There have been moments where I have found myself with that same puzzled look going, "Uh, maybe I didn't think this one all the way through!".
Most of us know the story of Jonah. We have read it to our children. We can remember it being taught while going to church as a child. Ultimately, we can look and understand what this picture is.

Jonah had to have been a pretty convincing person to have been appointed a prophet of God and then managed to convince himself that running from God was the answer and then thinking that he would actually be able to get away with it!


I know that there have been times that I too have assumed that I could do the same. Thinking that, I'll just go with my gut, or I won't bother my husband by asking him what he feels would be right. I'll just handle it all on my own and then deal with whatever may come. Not thinking for one second that I must first, PRAY! Seek the Lord and His Will. Talk and pray with my husband and make sure that he is seeking the Lord too. Ask other believers whom I trust to do the same.
We can look many places throughout the Bible and find other examples of those that where thinking along the lines of Jonah. Adam and Eve are a GREAT example. They too thought that they could hide from God!
Isn't it amazing how we, these immortal beings with finite brain capacity think that we can "outsmart" or even hide from the Almighty Creator of heaven and earth! Oh how naive we actually are!

Maybe right now you're going through something that you feel like you have all the answers and you're going to do it your way. Just remember how Jonah had the same attitude towards Nineveh. He believed that letting those people be destroyed instead of warning them was the best thing that could be done. But as always, God had a different solution. 

I challenge you to exercise your trust and faith in Christ. Resting assured that He can take care and handle it all. Seek Him and He will allow you to find Him.
Proverbs 8:17 says, "I love those who love Me; and those who diligently seek Me will find Me."
May we remember that God has promised to us that He can be found, if we seek Him with our whole heart.

I believe the thing to remember is this. Most times, when we're seeking Him, He isn't where we think He ought to be, or, He doesn't answer the way that we think He should. Don't let your pride and lack of trust allow you to be swallowed up like Jonah. Just go to "Nineveh" and see the Lord's hand at work!

Obey now and understand later...

"The Lord provided a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside the fish for three days and three nights." - Jonah 1:17





No comments:

The Way of the Master

Popular Posts