Thursday, October 27, 2011

Grace, grace, grace



I have been stumped somewhat these past few days on what to talk about. Funny right? Haha...

I believe its easy to know when the Lord is teaching you something. Like when everything that you read, every sermon or audio message you hear has this recurring theme. For me, it's been grace.

I have always had an understanding of what it is. But knowing in my heart and mind what the true implications of grace are, I don't think that I had ever reached that point until now.

All week long I've been wrestling in my heart and mind with certain issues that required me to use an immeasurable amount of grace. After trying to come up with another solution to dealing with the issues, I realized that choosing grace WAS my only option.

There is a large amount of grace that is needed in dealing with our children. The other day I was correcting my oldest daughter on how she needed to have self-control in a particular situation. As I was walking away I realized, "My, this is something that I need to work on as well!" Giving her more grace when she stumbles in this area has allowed for her to better herself in exuding self-control.

The grace that God gives us so often is sometimes either overlooked or taken for granted. I am sorry to admit that I am guilty of both. I too often forget how my Father loves, disciplines and gives grace to me and I'm not even paying attention. I don't even thank Him for His kindness sometimes!

My goal in today's post is that we would begin to become sensitive to God's grace, always thanking and praising Him for it. Remembering how much He is our Father and just like we deal with our children, He's dealing with us.

May we never cease to thank You for Your grace...



And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
2 Corinthians 12:9


No comments:

The Way of the Master

Popular Posts